Friday, February 19, 2010

Something to Ponder



Men's figure skating took your breath away? I don't usually disagree with Dom but here im going to have to object. Men's figure skating is obscenely ridiculous. What I don't understand is why they have to be so flamboyant? Has there ever, EVER been a non flamboyant mens figure skater? What is it about figure skating that brings out this flair??

Now don't get me wrong, i have nothing against being flamboyant. But Im stunned that an entire sport can be that flamboyant. Is it a rule? Is it a requirement that there costumes are composed of 90% glitter?

I guess the question I am really getting at is can you ice dance and not look flamboyant? I think its possible. I think that it might be the next great thing for the sport. Someone who pushes the boundaries and moves the sport forwards. Minus sequins. Now that I would be impressed with. So I challenge the entire figure skating community. Can you do it? Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment